Thursday, June 13, 2013

Happenings

Last night I was all set to curl up on the couch with a good book... I've been having some low key days, fighting off the crud.  But then my InBox dinged, and it was Zach, my website project manager, checking on the status of my website content that I need to write.  Just the nudge I needed.

I put my book away, and pulled out my laptop instead.  I have to write content for 25 pages.  I have all the data in my brain, but putting it into a cohesive form is a different animal.  It's kind of fun, though, dreaming about what it's going to look like when it's done.  I'm starting out by just emptying my brain by topic, and getting something on each page, and then I'll go back and refine.  But first, must. empty. brain.

And, as I typed, my graphic design for the sight popped into my head.  It's FABULOUS!  I don't know why it took me so long to recognize it as the obvious choice.  I can't wait for you to see it when the site launches!

I also am lining up my first refresher course in towing and parking a trailer.  I'm hoping to make that happen this weekend.  If I really do end up going to Boulder the weekend of July 13th to pick up my house, I am seriously running out of weekends to refresh my skills!

My window order is slightly postponed now that the windows are not going to be installed during the week of Camp.  Instead of ordering in CA, I will order them here in Dallas, and have them installed here.  So that is off the immediate list.  I'm still gathering quotes, but ordering is not as urgent.  I really do need to order the loft window, though, so David can start crafting the stained glass for me.

I should get my materials list for what we will use at Camp any day now.  We are going to have them delivered to the work site very early Monday morning, rather than having them delivered the Friday before so that we don't have to worry about theft.  Don't make me sleep on top of a pile of 2x4s on a trailer, because if that's what it takes, I will... : )

I'm busy confirming details with Laurie, my Camp host about grocery stores, and internet connections, and bedding... coordinating with T-Homie (my Chico friend/Tiny Angel who is driving in for the week) about which of us is bringing what, and getting my little gifts ready for the girls coming to the Camp... and making piles of things to pack... I know I'll still end up packing at 2 a.m. the night before I fly - that's just my M.O., but hopefully at least I won't forget anything super critical like my favorite safety glasses, my framing hammer and my Wonder Woman knee-highs!  Ahhh ha ha  Yes, my packing list is different than most.  I'm sure the luggage scanners will be perplexed...

I recently ordered and received the book, Tiny House Design & Construction Guide by Dan Louche and immediately read it cover to cover.  It was a good read, filled with practical, useful information.  I'm going to have a great collection of books about tiny on a shelf in my new house!  Maybe it will become a lending library.

So that's the Thursday news from little me in Dallas.  I am so grateful for the life I lead.  Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback.