Monday, April 1, 2013

And, thank you.






This little glass trinket arrived in the mail today from a dear friend.  It's a reminder of my most recent girls' weekend in Minneapolis ( -- the best weekends ever!)  It also serves as a reminder of one of my lessons this year which is to accept help when it's offered, and to simply say "thank you."

For those of you who know me, you know that I readily ask for help when I need it.  I have no problem with that whatsoever.  In return, however, I do try to be mindful of offering help freely and being generous with my time and talents when I see that someone needs it.  

But I do struggle when I feel people go above and beyond to help me - or when they help me out of their own volition - when I haven't asked for help.  I often somehow momentarily doubt that I deserve their kindness.

And so, thank you, Shannon, for the reminder.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback.