Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Boneyard Studios in DC

I am following with great interest the adventures of Lee, who is creating a tiny house community in Washington, D.C.  The capitol!  How amazing is that?  She has carved out a small space already and put in gardens and fencing, and is finishing out her tiny house. She has much, much more experience with living small and tiny houses than I do, and I expect I will learn quite a bit from her.  I'm so happy she is writing about her journey so that others can follow along and be encouraged by what she is accomplishing.

She is from Minnesota, like me - a kindred spirit!   Here is a link to her bio:
http://boneyardstudios.com/cast-of-characters/lee/

This particular post is one of my favorites:
 http://boneyardstudios.com/2012/06/29/lot-update-late-june-electricity-on-lees-house-arrives-garden-beds-fencing-finished-happy-hour-celebration/

I had to laugh at her SUV (Saab Utility Vehicle) loaded with lumber -- I have done very similar things with my Mini Cooper Convertible!  It's amazing how much you can fit into the back seat when the top is down... 

And here is a link to her community page: http://boneyardstudios.com/

The site has a wealth of information and reflects her hard work and the hard work of others.  I've read a lot of it, but not all of it - and it's inspiring and thought provoking.  I'll definitely be referencing her work when I speak with the City of Dallas about my dreams.  If she can do it in DC, I can do it in Big D!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback.