Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What's on the Horizon?

I'm having so much fun looking ahead!  Here's an across the board update of what I'm doing these days.

I'm firming up travel plans for my Tiny House Camp with Jay Shafer of Four Lights in Sonoma in February.  I've got my camp reservation, my flight, my hotel, my rent car.  I've pulled up a map online and mapped out my route and have started planning some days - a detour to Tumbleweed, for example!  It's starting to feel real, and I'm just over the moon excited!  I'll be sure and pack a corkscrew, that's for sure - hel-lo, Sonoma!  I've never been...  ironically a dear friend just moved back to Dallas from Sacramento, and we had been trying to coordinate me visiting her there.  She moved back to Dallas just before Christmas, and I'm going there in February.  Waah.  Sigh.  She's giving me some great tips, though!

I am starting to take steps for filing papers with the Secretary of State to start my business!  I need to write down my vision, and what I want the company to accomplish, and then use that as a jumping off point for a business name.  I don't want to use A Bed Over My Head because it feels too limiting.  If you are a creative thinker, or have "lessons learned" from starting your own business, I would love to hear from you.  I know just enough to be dangerous so my learning curve is steep.  Fortunately I have friends and co-workers as solid resources.

I am learning about essential oils and using them for healing and a more natural life.  I signed up with Young Living, and I ordered on Amazon and received a huge essential oils reference book that I am going to dive into.  I am going to incorporate some house blessings into my tiny house path. I'm really excited about that!  I think it will be an amazing pairing of thoughts and ideas.

I ordered and received an alto recorder!  (Remember the white plastic flutophones from elementary school?  Essentially the same.)  My sister suggested I try one - she had a soprano one she was willing to loan me, but I wanted a lower, more round tone so I ordered an alto.  I do agree it could be perfect for the tiny house way of life.  I can already read music from playing piano, so hopefully it won't be a huge leap for me... regardless it will be good for my brain to work at something new!

It's interesting to me how my path is branching so naturally out to so many new things...the layers of the onion just keep peeling back.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback.