Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Trip to Amazon

I'm finally forcing myself to shop for my heater and pieces of my plumbing system.  For the record, I loathe shopping.  

Here are this morning's purchases:
 
Wall Panel Heater

Envi Electric Panel Heater


Thermostat

Digital Thermostat


Water Pump:

SHURflo Revolution Water Pump


Low Flow Aerator:
Bricor Aerator


Shower Head
Bricor Shower Head


Still remaining to be ordered/purchased:

Water tanks - terrified I'll order the wrong size/shape wrong material, with the wrong inlets/outlets placement

Kitchen Sink - really want a farm sink.  (Well, really I want this but I don't think it's being manufactured yet.)

Kitchen faucet - the choices are overwhelming

Bathroom sink - I have this crazy idea of making a really cool, smaller version of this: #4 Abisko Sink

Bathroom faucet - again, overwhelming

Luggable Loo - I can buy this locally and save packaging and shipping



So...... some progress on the pieces/parts.  Plumbing seems more attainable now than electrical, which is just backwards than how it started out!  Since I have a plumber connection in John  (a different John than the John you see on my blog, but this "new John B." will make his appearance as well!) 

The electrical connection (no pun intended) that I thought I had - WELL.  I do not.  His estimate came in at $3700!  THIRTY SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS!  That's more than my trailer cost and is just completely outrageous - my house is only 8'x14'!  I just have to think he didn't want the job, and tripled his estimate.  The day I got the estimate by email I had to fight back tears all afternoon.  So discouraged.  But since then, I've adjusted my outlook, and my expectations, and I believe that a solution will come.  Ive been talking with several resources for information, and I'm running down a few leads, and you know what?  If they don't come to fruition and I have to learn to do my own freaking electrical wiring, so be it.  I will be all the stronger and capable.  So there.  $3700...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback.